Monday, January 12, 2009

It's going to be a Great 2009

It's a new year and one of my new years resolutions was to keep my blog updated....I think that I am already behind. At the end of last year I was sad that I had missed several opportunities to post about special times and special people....hopefully I can redeem myself this year. I have learned that I am going to have to get back in the habit of taking more pictures and posting promptly.  Anyway we had a wonderful Christmas and were so blessed to have all of our family with us....so fun.  I am truly blessed to have such wonderful children, daughters in law, son in law and grandchildren....and an amazing husband.  I am also blessed with an awesome extended family! Lets hope 2009 blesses us all!


We all spent New Years Eve at the house...except Brittany whose boyfriend Jordan offered her a better option!  We had a fun filled evening starting out with dinner.  Wilbur and Rhea joined us which was special for us all.  Grannybird also came down.  We started the night out by telling our fortunes.  This is an old Swedish tradition that we learned one New Years eve that we spent the night with our friends the Hollands.  You melt lead and then pour it into water and tell your fortune from the form it makes....Everyone looked like they would be going on a trip.....
Lloyd and Wilbur figuring out what Wilbur's year will bring




The hit of the night was Guitar Hero....Everyone joined in and tried there hardest to be the best
Note the concentration on their faces....can anyone guess who might be the most competitive??





Just hanging out and waiting for the New Year....

On the internet we read that if you eat black eyed peas on New Years you'll have good luck in the coming year.....now who doesn't need good luck in 2009???  We decided this might be a fun tradition to start....so here's our pot of peas.  If 2009 turns out to be good...or even ok....we'll continue the practice.

  Lloyd wanted as big of bite as possible.....he needs lots of luck in '09!

The only one who wasn't excited about having the black eyed peas was Josh....I don't know if he doesn't need good luck for '09 or if he just wasn't happy about being disturbed from his power nap!
The only kids that made it to 12:oo were Brady and Tyler....now does that surprise anyone?



6 comments:

Zaira Benson said...

I love this post! We had so much, it was for sure the best christmas ever! love you and can't wait to see you again!

Daniel & Valerie said...

I am so happy your going to post more often. I always check back to see if you have updated and YES you have..

Amy said...

Yeah a NEW post!!! Christmas was so fun- miss you guys!

Brittany Seager said...

FINALLY MOM! except i look about 500 lbs in that christmas picture lol

Zach and Zaira Benson said...

oh Brittany you look so cute! that was the first thing I told Zach when I saw the pic. YOU LOOK CUTE CUTE

Jacob and Lindsay Burt said...

What a beautiful family you have! We don't see you guys enough! We love you!