Monday, August 25, 2008


When I arrived in Tuscson, Savannah had big plans to make a blanket for her new baby brother.  I thought that was a great idea and with my sewing background she thought I would be the perfect person to help.  She and Tyler carefully picked out the fabric from their mom's scrap bin.... which was full of some really cute fabric.










Savannah had gotten this cute childs machine for Christmas back a few years ago.  She had plans to sew it using this machine.  Well after much determination and about 2 hours of trying to get the bobbin threaded....I was sure I could do it, after all I was a clothing and textiles major in college and this was a childs machine....we gave up and got out Amy's machine.

Savannah did an amazing job of laying out the fabrics and designing the pattern...I think she may have future in fashion!




When it was all done she proudly took it to the hospital for Baby Dax.  He loved it. He especially loved the bright colors and patterns Savy and Tyler chose.....Good Job!

4 comments:

Brittany Seager said...

that is the cutest thing ever, and they are the cutest family ever. Oh my i love that first picture of dax. hottie. haha jk. but very adorable

Zach and Zaira Benson said...

cute blanket! I love how Savannah always has a braid when you're around!
Tyler did a good job at picking out the colors. Great trio!

Heather said...

Yeah!! So cute. That little Dax is so cute.

LindaZ said...

Congrats to another beautiful grandbaby! Love the quilt too!